Celite Cynergy® is a beer stabilizing diatomite product that filters like diatomite (kieselguhr) and cold stabilizes like silica gel, yet performs better than conventional diatomaceous earth and silica gel. When utilizing the Celite Cynergy® material volume decreases, resulting in reduced waste, less cleaning and more storage space thereby increasing beer production without expanding filtration and stabilization equipment.
ADVANTAGES OF CELITE CYNERGY® INCLUDE:
Improved brewing process efficiency
- No need to add silica gel
- Reduces storage and management of an additional raw material, resulting in less iron in beer (Beer Soluble Iron)
- Up to 50% reduction in waste
- Simplified stabilization and filtration process
- Selective adsorption of chill-haze proteins yields longer shelf life for beer without affecting sensory characteristics like flavor, foam, color, or aroma
- Does not require the incubation step necessary when using conventional silica gel
Improves filtration performance
- Reduces filter cake volume by up to 50%, leading to longer filter runs between filter cleaning
- Provides improved filtration performance as measured by filtrate clarity, flux (parenthesis / flow rate) and unit consumption in comparison to using silica gel and diatomaceous earth separatelyAllows significant process simplification, eliminating the need for dedicated silica gel mix tank and agitator, injection pump, metering equipment, silica gel buffer tank and associated process piping.
No capital investment required
- Easy to implement in brewery, utilizing existing diatomaceous earth filtration processing schemes, equipment and storage
- Compatible with existing diatomite delivery and filtration systems so there is no need to purchase new equipment
- Easy-to-optimize process requires no modifications to existing equipment
- Cellaring operations are simplified, reducing expenses
- Saves time and materials due to longer filtration runs between filter cleaning
- Reduces filter aid and stabilizer powder by 20-60%, leading to faster filtration and greater filtration capabilities
- Reduced raw material usage resulting in less waste, lower logistics, lower labor costs and reduced carbon and water footprint costs.
GRAS-approved for beer filtration
- As a diatomite product, it meets the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements of GRAS1 for use in beer filtration
- A Food Chemical Codex (FCC) grade diatomite product