Imerys is the largest producer of mineral filter aids for beer. As the leader in diatomaceous earth (DE, kieselguhr) research, innovation and quality systems for more than 100 years, the company delivers products you can depend on to get your products made.
Over the last decade, Imerys Filtration Minerals has lead a renaissance in beer filtration. Every aspect of the filter aid and beer interface has been investigated – from beer chemistry to DE particle size, shape and density. These collaborations have produced innovations–from the only ultra-low BSI DE grades, to engineered mineral filter aids like Celite Cynergy.
Innovations in reduced DE usage and environment-friendly filtration remain our priority. One brewery at a time, through filtration audits, we have reduced the amount of filter aid needed. Every year, our new filter aids are expanding possibilities for breweries around the globe.
- Filter aids and stabilizing filter aids for beer
- Celite Cynergy® engineered DE: The first system to combine filtration and cold stabilization for better efficiency; combines all the benefits of Z grades plus stabilization. Celite Cynergy® is a beer stabilizing diatomite product that filters like diatomaceous earth (kieselguhr) and cold stabilizes like silica gel, yet performs better than conventional diatomaceous earth and silica gel. When utilizing Celite Cynergy® material volume decreases, resulting in reduced waste, less cleaning and more storage space, thereby increasing beer production without expanding filtration and stabilization equipment.
- Celite® Z grade DE: The industry standard for bright beer clarity; substantially reduced levels of beer soluble iron (BSI) in comparison to standard DE grades; BSI has a negative effect on beer flavor and colloidal stability.
- Harborlite® perlite: Alternative low BSI filter aid ideal for high solids filtration and for precoating large and difficult filters.
- Celite Fibra-Cel®: Cellulose based products ideal for rapid precoating, especially with old/damaged screens; offers a stable cake formation and drastically simplifies the precoat mixing.
Application Specific Benefits
- Low BSI (beer solble iron)
- Stabilizing filter aids to prevent chill haze
- Wide range of products and grades to meet your needs
- Increased production efficiency
- Longer filter cycles